The PIR9400 is well suited for use in harsh environments and where the cost of required maintenance for conventional catalytic detectors is prohibitive.
The PointWatch™ IR detector will perform reliably in the presence of silicone and other catalytic poisoning agents and can also operate in oxygen-free environments or where high background gas levels are present. There are no known poisons that affect this technology's ability to detect hazards.
- Requires no routine calibration
- The internal heating system reduces condensation, allowing reliable operation through temperature extremes
- Continuous self-test automatically indicates a fault or fouled optics condition
- Provides a 4-20 mA output signal, corresponding to the detected gas concentration
- Globally certified for use in Class I, Divisions 1 and 2, and Zones 1 and 2 hazardous areas
- Approved to provide continuous monitoring of methane gas concentrations in the range of 0 to 100% LFL
- Most flammable hydrocarbon vapors (such as ethane, ethylene, propane, butane and propylene) are also detectable but, the detector has not been third-party approved with them
- Compliant with the ANSI/ISA 12.13.01-2000 performance standard
- Instruction Manuals
- Product Specification Sheets