Safety Protection is Paramount
Liquefied natural gas (LNG) is economical and its global
use is growing, but the process has risks.
Det-Tronics are pioneers in the field of flame detection and protection systems with over 40 years experience as a trusted global solution provider for hazard and critical process areas.
LNG Hazard Detection Challenges:
- Performance and design requirements vary by facility/zone/area
- Flammable and non-flammable hazards create need for multiple detection types and technologies
- Environmental factors such as wind and extreme low temperatures increase complexity of design
- False alarm sources increase potential for unintended activations
- Provide reliable detection under varying environmental factors
- Include detector types and technologies to address needs at different parts of the process
- Provide immunity to false alarm sources and be unaffected by electromagnetic interferences
- Integrate detection, notification, and suppression functionality
- Automatically initiate corrective action, including engaging the emergency shutdown system
- Place and aim detection equipment for optimum coverage
- Validate performance during commissioning
- Use performance-based design that adheres to codes and standards
Protecting LNG processing and storage sites and transportation vessels requires high-performance flame and gas detection and suppression systems. Det-Tronics understands what is needed to meet and exceed the requirements of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).