Safety Protection is Paramount
Commercial aircraft costs can exceed $200 million.
Military aircraft cost exponentially more.
Det-Tronics are pioneers in the field of flame detection and protection systems with over 40 years experience as a trusted global solution provider for hazard and critical process areas.
Fire Hazard Detection Challenges:
Size of hangars presents huge area to be protected
- Equipment and aircraft obstruct views
- Large open doors permit view of external "friendly fire" sources
- Avionics can generate considerable electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Aircraft damage occurs in seconds
Complete Solutions Must:
- Have a long detection range with a wide field of view
- Ignore false alarm sources such as EMI and "friendly fires"
- Respond rapidly
- Integrate detection, notification, and suppression functionality
- Place and aim detection equipment for optimum coverage
- Validate performance during commissioning
- Use performance-based design that adheres to codes and standards
Protecting aircraft and hangars requires high-performance fire detection and suppression systems. Det-Tronics understands what is needed to meet and exceed the requirements of Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).FM Global Property Loss Prevention Data Sheets for Heat Detection and Guidance for Proper Application in Aircraft Hangars
Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) for Aircraft Maintenance HangarsNFPA 409 Standard on Aircraft HangarsNFPA 410 Standard on Aircraft Maintenance
McConnell Air Force Base
McConnell Air Force Base. Photo by Airman 1st Class Erin McClellan.
McConnell U.S. Air Force Base in Wichita, Kansas has three new hangars designed to accommodate the additional size and requirements of the new KC-46 Pegasus air craft. The Air Force Base is part of the Air Mobility Command, and provides global reach by conducting air refueling when and wherever needed. All three of these hangars are protected by Det-Tronics products and solutions, including flame and gas system controllers and flame detectors.